ABOUT HARUV USA
INTERNATIONAL CENTER OF EXCELLENCE AND RECOGNIZED LEADER IN THE FIELD OF CHILD MALTREATMENT
What is Haruv USA?
Haruv USA at the University of Oklahoma-Tulsa is a new venture bringing together the best of two worlds – the unique expertise and international leadership of the Haruv Institute paired with the research-based educational knowledge and expertise of OU-Tulsa and the Anne and Henry Zarrow School of Social Work.
An initiative of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, Haruv USA focuses on comprehensive, inter-professional education and training for students and professionals who touch the lives of children from a wide variety of settings, along with research for the identification, prevention, and treatment of child abuse and neglect, with an emphasis on underserved children and families.
Like the Haruv Institute in Jerusalem, Haruv USA applies a multi-faceted strategy to advance its mission:
Developing innovative educational programs for professionals by equipping them with up-to-date theoretical and empirical knowledge and professional tools that will enable them to function at the highest professional level.
Cultivating an outstanding corps of professionals aat all levels in the field of child welfare services and promoting interdisciplinary coordination. These professionals include social workers, psychologists, physicians, attorneys, educational counselors and more.
Fostering public awareness through public education and informing policy-makers in order to influence policy and legislation concerning child abuse and neglect. This involves public education campaigns, improving policy regulation, and increasing awareness in parents, children, and communities.
Our conferences and courses are geared towards professionals including:
- Family and community social workers
- Child welfare workers
- Hospital-based pediatricians
- Hospital and community-based physicians and nurses
- Law enforcement
- Public prosecutors
- Community and hospital-based psychiatrists
- Mental health professionals
- Child protection officers
- School based psychologists and counselors
- Clinicians and therapists
Why choose Haruv USA for training?
- Trainings focused on cultural competence among specific populations
- Specialized simulations and scenarios for each training experience
- Custom designed programs per client need
- Valuable skill development from extensive feedback throughout simulation training